Distance Learning Course of 16 Lessons
“How long you live rests largely in your own hands. So does how well you live, how much vitality you have and how good you will look in twenty years’ time.” Leslie Kenton, Ageless Ageing – The Natural Way to Stay Young.
The beauty therapist with the correct qualifications will be able to advise clients about skin and body care. Today high standards of technology used in the production of beauty products mean that real improvements can be made. Beauty therapists are “redundancy proof” and always in demand with plenty of opportunity to take up other related therapies.
About Beauty Therapy
Beauty therapy is the art and science of making people look and feel better. Beauty therapists use a variety of face and body treatments and techniques to make their clients feel good and look their best. Today’s high standards of technology used in the production of beauty products mean that real improvements can be made.
About Our Beauty Therapist Course
The beauty therapist with the correct qualifications will be able to advise clients about skin and body care. Our Beauty Therapist course covers the knowledge essential to being a professional and effective beauty therapist; from anatomy and physiology to hygiene, and from consultation procedures to techniques and treatments.
What Could I Do After Taking This Beauty Therapy Course?
Beauty therapists are “redundancy proof” and always in demand with plenty of opportunity to continue professional development and take up other related therapies. Our beauty training courses will set you on the right path.
Tuition & Fees
Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology – Body Systems
- Explore the body systems and organs of the human body
- Investigate the functions of the skin
- Evaluate cells and tissues with regard to sweat glands and maintenance of body temperature
Unit 2: Anatomy and Physiology – Skin, Cells and Tissues
- Describe the main function and Structure of cells and Tissues
- Describe the contents of the two main layers of the skin
- Analyse the functions of nerve endings
Unit 3: The Beauty Gateway
- Understand the Total Beauty Business structure and strategies for success
- Examine the power of promotion and welcoming growth opportunities
- Understand how to establish unique points of difference
- Understand the Importance of effective team performance
Unit 4: Service Experience
- Understand how to effectively care for clients
- Identify essential service standards and adapt to clients expectations
- Understand positive communication and body language
- Explain the Client Journey and the personalised experience approach
Unit 5: Interesting Consultations
- Understand the purpose of the consultation process
- Outline how to conduct a beauty and Lifestyle consultation
- Summarise a Dietary and Figure Diagnosis
- Understand completion and recommendation possibilities following a consultation
Unit 6: Advanced Body Massage
- Explore the major principles of massage
- Analyse the benefits of massage
- Describe the classifications of massage and advanced massage manipulations
Unit 7: Diet and Lifestyle
- Understand the principles of Nutrition and the basic metabolic rate
- Outline the importance of vitamins to the body
- Explain the functions of fat and water soluble vitamins
Unit 8: Nutrition
- Understand the importance of water for the human body
- Explore the uses of Calcium and Phosphorus
- Demonstrate the importance of Sodium
Unit 9: Advanced Skin Care
- Understand the stages of the skin care routine
- Examine the benefits of a professional facial
- Understand product selection for skin condition improvement
Unit 10: The Anti-Ageing Process
- Describe the ageing process
- Analyse the effects of a range of factors that speed up the ageing process
- Analyse the effects of a range of factors that slow down the ageing process
Unit 11: The Holistic Approach
- Understand the meaning of the term Holistic
- Understand how to create a holistic environment
- Describe how to encourage holistic practices in the workplace
Unit 12: The Spa Experience
- Understand the benefits of heat experiences before spa services
- Describe the stages of spa treatment design
- Understand the business benefits of creating spa services
Unit 13: Advanced Service Awareness
- Understand Service Standards
- Summarise preparation procedures for welcoming a client and avoiding disappointment
- Understand the process of complaint management
Unit 14: Advanced Therapies
- Understand electro therapy face and body service benefits
- Explain benefits of having alternative healing therapies knowledge
- Understand how to promote experience treatments
Unit 15: Sterilisation
- Understand the autoclave sterilisation method
- Explore the use of ultra-violet rays as a sterilisation method
- Investigate chemical methods used for sterilisation
Unit 16: Starting Your Business
- Investigate strategies that can be used to exploit business growth areas
- Explore the factors that need to be considered when determining whether or not to set up a practice
- Describe how to objectively assess the evaluation
On completion of your course, you will receive two qualifications:
Qualification 1: Beauty Therapist Diploma
Beauty Therapist Diploma issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, entitling you to use the letters SAC Dip after your name.
Qualification 2: Beauty Therapist Certificate of Completion
Beauty Therapist Certificate of Completion issued by eLearn Canada college.
With this course you will have unlimited access to your own personal tutor who specialises in their field of study. It is your personal tutor’s role to ensure that you receive constructive feedback and to deal with any queries you may have. You are more than welcome to telephone, fax or email your personal tutor.
You will also have access to a dedicated and friendly team of administrators and course advisors who offer sound and professional guidance and advice when you need it. This ensures that you will never feel neglected and that you will always succeed!
After each lesson there will be a question paper, which needs to be completed and submitted to your personal tutor for marking. This method of continual assessment ensures that your personal tutor can consistently monitor your progress and provide you with assistance throughout the duration of the course.
This course is an online course. With online study you have access to your entire course from the start of your studies. You can access your course materials, and submit all of your question papers to your personal tutor, online from anywhere in the World using your unique student account.
This is only an approximate figure and is dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 – 2 hours of study to complete each question paper. The approximate amount of time required to complete the course is: 180 hrs.
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrollment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the following Professional Associations(s):
QR’s primary aim is to provide transparency to members of the public and employers. The QR is a searchable database that allows them to find a practitioner and view the relevant qualification and endorsements the practitioner holds. The member of the public is then able to make an informed decision in relation to the suitability of the practitioner.
For practitioners QR helps you market your skills, endorsements and feedback transparently to a wider audience. It also gives you access to a community to help make you more able to progress and succeed in your field of expertise.
Complementary Medical Association
On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the Complementary Medical Association (CMT)
Affiliation Of Ethical & Professional Therapists (AEPT)
“The Affiliation of Ethical & Professional Therapists is dedicated in assisting you as a member, in the promotion and growth of your practice. Your profile will be entered onto our website and each month you will receive a free e-zine full of business tips and valuable information”.