Hot Stone Massage
Distance Learning Course of 10 Lessons
The concept of massage therapy using stones has been used in many different cultures for many years.Tribal Healers and Village wise women used rocks from the river beds and warmed them either in hot coals or hot water. By placing the hot stones on cloth on the body and arranging them along the energy points of the body, this would help to relax the muscles and reduce pain or discomfort, and therefore support the healing process.
The placing of the stones is often followed by a holistic massage which proves to result in a deeper and more intense treatment as the heat penetrates the body and relaxes the muscles and the cold stones stimulate the neural pathways and circulatory system.
About Hot Stone Massage
This 10 lesson hot stone massage course shows the student the history of hot stone massage to the modern day development and use of hot stone massage techniques and associated therapies. The course focuses upon practical massage therapy techniques that can be learned and practised by the student, either as a stand alone therapy in its own right or as part of a practicing holistic therapist’s repertoire of effective techniques.
The course shows the student how hot stone techniques can be incorporated into holistic therapeutic practice which will be of great value to practitioners of both the body working therapies and also of pure holistic treatments.
Who should take this course?
The course is completely stand alone and is aimed at students who wish to obtain competence and experience in a practical hands-on therapy.
No previous experience is required as the course covers the appropriate basics, but students of holistic massage will find that this course adds another dimension to their treatments.Practitioners of other therapies will find the course very useful as it adds another popular treatment technique to their existing practise.
Tuition & Fees
- Equipment Required
- The Holistic Process
- Cautions & Contra-indications
- Basic A&P
- Diseases and Disorders
- Massage Techniques
- Working with Chakras
- The Stones
- Using the Stones
- Care of your stones
- Stone Placement
- Different types of stone therapies
- Preparing to treat
- Establishing the correct environment
- Consultation & Assessment
- A complete stone massage treatment
- Other therapies that can be used with Hot Stone Massage
- Expanding on the treatment
- Common Conditions that can be treated
- Working with clients
- The first meeting
- Creating the right professional conditions and workspace
- The Hopi Therapist’s clinic
- Establishing the working relationship
- Ethics and Legalities
- Client Confidentiality
- The Consultation process
- Maintaining Records
- Data Protection and disclosure
- Running a therapy practise
- Finding premises versus working from home
- The Law and you
- Finding clients
- Working with private clients
- Working with corporate and public sector clients
- Expanding your business
- Continuing professional development
Supplements to the modules:
- Consultation sheet
- Client questionnaires
- Treatment record
- Example of case study
- Pre-treatment checklist
- After treatment checklist/ Handout
- Example of a leaflet
- Reading list